Wednesday, October 15, 2014

What Happened Last Night!


It all began when I volunteered to do a five minute
devotional for the choir based on THIS BLOG. 
Afterward, my friend Sharon Harvey asked me if I
would come to her "small group" and present
the same to them.  I was flattered.  I had another "gig."
Funny, I felt that way until it became time to
fulfill my commitment.  Same way with the choir.
I end up saying to myself,
"What was I thinking?"
Especially when Sharon told me I had 25 minutes
as my part of the program.
(As you will see later, I am really just 'keeding!')


So last night I showed up at the "small group."
Sharon had not given me any idea how many were involved.
Sadly, there was a death in Sharon's family yesterday,
so she was unable to be there.
But...
My long time, dear friend, Gail Calder was waiting
for me outside to help me park.
First hint:  there were A LOT of cars there.
Gail was wonderful.  She took me under her wing
for the entire evening.  I heart Gail!


Well...I've never seen so many ladies!  
It is a huge small group!
Gail said they were missing at least a couple, but
there were 16 there!


Second nerve-inducing hint:
I was told that Sandy Smith, our marvelous
pastor's wife...
(Wait...he is marvelous but she is, too...)
speaks for the group once a year.
Ohhhh, noooo.
This is my second speaking gig.  
Don't be expecting Sandy here, please girls!


After having the best pizza and the most 
beautiful salads, everyone sat down
to listen to meeee!  Yikes!
I told them how it came about that I was there,
did the five minute "choir thing,"
then shared some of my other favorite blogs.
They were so receptive and encouraging.
I felt God's presence and was totally at ease.


There was one question when I concluded.
One of my favorite ladies there asked,
"What is a blog?"
Various of the others attempted to explain to her!


It was a truly wonderful, blessed evening.
I made some new friends, although I am going
to have a hard time remembering all their names!
I passed out as many of my calling cards as I
had brought--not enough--
so maybe I will get some new readers!


My prayer as always is...

Let others see Jesus in me.


 




 



No comments:

Post a Comment