Saturday, November 8, 2014

I'm Goin' After My Mexican Vanilla in 99 sq. ft.


Did you read that I'm out of Mexican vanilla?
This morning I made arrangements to go
replenish my supply.
 You're going to be amazed, I think, at my plan.


Several years ago Norwegian Cruise Line launched
a ship called the Norwegian Epic. 
It caught my attention because there were some
provisions that catered to single travelers.
I never did check it out and kinda forgot about it.
However, I don't like having to pay double
every time I cruise, which is what the other 
cruise lines do to single cruisers.


This morning a message about bargain cruising
 popped up on my AOL home page.
The first cruise listed was on the
Norwegian Getaway
in its inaugural season!
And then I spotted "studios" which sleep only 1, but
also charge for only 1--no single supplement.
Very interesting!
So I called.  And I booked!


The studios are tiny.  Only 99 sq. ft.!
They are interior, with a one way glass window which
looks out on the hallway.  (With a sliding cover!)
But...
Nearby is a private lounge with a concierge for
studio cruisers only!
And it's lots cheaper.

 


Are you wondering about my bathroom?
Well, I will have full access with my keycard to
the bathroom down the hall in the Studio Lounge.


 JUST KEEDING!!!


Here is a shot which shows the bathroom--
included in the massive 99 sq. ft.


 

(I just tickle myself to death, you know.
I'm sitting here dying laughing over the thought
of me traipsing down the hall to the bathroom!)


After the fact (reservation)
I thought of submitting a question on
Cruise Critic about how the studio rooms had
worked out for other cruisers.


I have received 4 positive responses saying
(1) the studios are not at all claustrophobic
(2) they're perfect for 1
(3) a great place to sleep
(4) my luggage WILL fit under the bed
(5) that I'm gonna love it!
And not a single negative response!


So whata ya' think?
It sounds like an adventure to me!
And remember, it's a real bargain--
for a couple of bottles of vanilla!







 

3 comments:

  1. Love it��...can't wait for your review!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You crack me up! Just the title of this post made me laugh out loud! If anyone could make the most of a tin can room...it's you :).

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! I got not one but two comments on my actual blog! Love you Margaret and Shay!

    ReplyDelete