Thursday, February 5, 2015

Here's a Peek at my Getaway!


On Saturday morning, January 24th, I took off
to go get my Mexican vanilla!
Kudos to American Airlines!  It was a great flight!


And...smooth transfer to ship--the Norwegian Getaway.
First sight of ship:

(And, perhaps, the best picture!  You can't see the
gaudy part!  Just wait!)


I got a bite to eat, then started looking for my cabin.
It was a studio--and it took me forever
to find it, even though I knew it was on
the eleventh floor.
In fact, it was 11,573.  See it on this sign?

So did I, but it eluded me!


Success!  Here it is!

 And with my slightly excessive luggage!


The room was exactly like the pictures; therefore,
exactly what I expected. 
The size did not bother me or make me
claustrophobic at all. 
It was clean and new and efficient.


But...here's the best part.
The two story Studio Lounge.

From my floor looking down.

And the best of the best?
  The coffee--everything machine!
Cappuccinos, lattes, hot chocolate, hot tea!
Loved it!

 We always had cake and cookies...
 and fruit.
Now looking up at my floor.


Only we solo travelers had access to the Studio Lounge
via our room key.



Okay...On to my second favorite thing--
the Thermal Spa!





The "Salt Bath" is more of a "Salt Room"


 You sit on the tile bench (left)...
and put your feet here. 



Luxury.



This beautiful chandelier changed colors.





Something I LOVE about Norwegian.
The fish on the carpet swim "forward."
Let's you know whether or not you're walking
the right direction!
My cabin was starboard and forward.
Important to know, or one can get a little
more exercise than one bargained for.


This is my room and my hall.

 The colors in the hall also changed.




Now to our stops.  First--St. Maarten
We were definitely easy to spot in any port.
Would anyone argue the fact that we were gaudy?
The "Gaudy Getaway!"
I'm so sorry this is the only picture I got
 of the outside decor of the ship.
(Not really.) 
 


So off I go to the butterfly farm on the French
side of St. Maarten.


             
Do those things ^ really turn into these?





And here we are crossing back into the Dutch portion
of St. Maarten.

 
This picture hardly does justice to going from one
country to another. 
In fact, it is downright pitiful.


Next stop: St. Thomas.
Mission: Mexican vanilla
Method: Rode three van taxis downtown
 and right back unsuccessfully
in the heat through wild traffic.
Pictures: I have some, but I'm going to spare you.


Third stop: Nassau, Bahamas
Mission: Mexican vanilla
Method: Walked miles in the heat.
Pictures:
                  What a stunning picture.

               Oh, Constellation.  You are so boring.



At some point while trudging around Nassau
 searching for Mexican vanilla, 
it finally dawned on me.
For Mexican vanilla,
perhaps I needed to go to Mexico!
So...I got...Bahamian vanilla! 


 I hope it's not good, cause then I'll have
to go on another cruise--
to Mexico this time!


This was as much of an adventure as I imagined.
It was surprising how many solo travelers
there were onboard (every studio was occupied) and how sold they were on the studios.
Personally, I missed seeing the water.
I did not miss paying the "single supplement,"
which translates "paying double!"





1 comment:

  1. Oh, Linda, this was GREAT! So glad you're feeling well enough to post. I was so impresses, as usual with your travelogue. Loved the pix, even the pitiful ones. And the colors and décor and amenities made we want to go cruisin' again. So beautiful!

    ReplyDelete