Saturday, December 27, 2014

"I" Got It All Done


With a little lot of help from my family!
I didn't go to bed until 1:30 or so on Christmas Eve.
This is completely normal for me.
But...I got everything wrapped!





I was at the Metzgers at 7:45 Christmas morning.
This is the 20th year I have been blessed
to be there to see the excitement of my "babies."
(I'm assuming we didn't go that first year
when Madeline was only two months old--
but I'm not sure!)


At 10:30 the rest of our local family arrived--
2 Stovalls, 1 Branham, 3 Tuckers, and 1 Deaso!
John Deaso, Emily's fiance, fits in perfectly!!!
Rob and Susan had fixed a fabulous breakfast.
We feasted and visited and talked and laughed.
It was truly a highlight of the season.
Sorry I don't have access to any pics.


I came home, curled up in my recliner, and
took a 45 minute nap!
Glorious!


Then I had to hit it getting my wrapping stuff
put away and stuffing stockings.
If you missed my earlier warning:
Don't make the mistake of buying these!

 
 I'm not sure you can tell how huge they are,
but take it from me:
Filling these with "trinkets" a 19 and a 21 year old
girl would like will break your bank for sure!


My stocking is no small thing itself.
My generous kids load it up with more treasures than
most people get for their whole Christmas. 


And we ate again.
We had little sandwiches
(my contribution--executed by Terri and Susan!)
 and delightful finger foods (Terri and Jay)
and Christmas cookies (Maddie, Susie, and Susan!)


And opened presents.
We are blessed beyond measure.


So...guess what I did yesterday, the day after.
N O T H I N G.
I did return one thing which I had bought to Dillard's.
(Only because it was the 30th day since purchase!)
That's it. 
I tried to be shameless enough to take a
picture of what the house still looks like.
Couldn't make myself.  Too much pride.
For some reason, I think some of you would be shocked.
It still looks exactly as it did when the kids left
Christmas night!  
Actually, a little worse!
And I'm getting ready to go shopping with
the Metzger girls.
It may still look this way tomorrow.
And I LOVE IT!


Great is thy faithfulness,
O God my Father...
All I have needed thy hand hath provided.
Great is thy faithfulness,
Lord unto me.
 

2 comments: