Sunday, September 13, 2015

A Bargain Lover's Dream

I had the time of my life...
And I owe it all to you, Gene Allen's Hallmark!


Last Friday was the annual brown bag sale.
For $20 anything from the sale aisle that you can
place cram in a big brown paper bag is yours!
There's also a $10 size bag--for shopping wimps. 


I got there shortly after the store opened this year.
Last year I was later and only filled two bags.
This year...are you ready for this...
FIVE (5) BAGS!


Let me show you what I got!

I don't really like my pictures, but I'm too
pooped to redo them!



This was one of a kind--has fringe on bottom.


  Those are flip flops in the center.

The pale green is one of 12 sleeveless shells
in a variety of pretty colors.
(See them fanned out underneath?)


And then there are things for kids and etc. things.
There are books, sunglasses, a mini crockpot,
 a raccoon who used to do something
 but doesn't now so therefore
goes in my Christmas animal collection, 
a beautiful flower candle ring, 
60 Caspari napkins,
insulated drinking cups, etc.
Oh, and the nicest recipe box!
And Nemo and Miss Piggy candles that work! 



So I guess you may be wondering what I'm going
to do with children's books and sleeveless shells.
It will all go to Mission Arlington for their
Christmas store.
The children who participate in MA's apartment
ministry get to choose something for their
mothers, and I'm hoping some of the things I
got will be perfect for that!
There are also teenagers who come to shop
and need some choices!



One exception is the sunglasses.
They will go in Samaritan's Purse boxes for
older children in
Operation Christmas Child.


Another exception is this: 

It's a nice linen tea towel which
I hardly think is appropriate for me to hang
 on my never used oven door!
In fact, there just isn't much desperation about
my housewifery!
So...I'm mulling over just who will get this!


Okay...here's what I got:
47 ladies tops
13 necklaces
7 pairs earrings
4 scarves
14 pairs flip flops (pretty cute)
25 children's books
8 sunglasses
5 insulated golf/fishing cups
Plus all the miscellaneous


It has taken me all evening, but guess what?
I added up the original prices of all this merchandise.
Remembering that this is Hallmark stuff,
nice and high quality,
all five bags almost too heavy for me to lift,
how would you like to guess the original value?


Well...
I am offering a $50 Gene Allen's gift card
to the person who can come the closest to guessing
 the original cost of all these items!
My only hint:
Last year I spent $43 on two bags,
including tax.
The original cost was about $724, plus tax!!!
and
This year I got much more clothing...???
And much more everything!
You can leave your guess on my Facebook page.
I'll wait a couple of days to give everyone
a chance to see this and make their guess. 


Whew!
I've got to go to bed.
I feel like it's Christmas Eve and I've arranged
Santa Claus's delivery under the tree!
To all a "Good Night!"


***My usual reminder--Click on the {not so good}
Pictures to make them bigger!***

No comments:

Post a Comment