Monday, October 3, 2016

TSA Pre Enrollment: Deal or Dud?

I have been fingerprinted, submitted my passport,  
and have forked over my 85 bucks.
And now...I have a Known Traveler Number.
Will that make my travel less arduous?


Pardon me if I'm pessimistic.
It was standing room only at the TSA Pre Check
sign-up desk.
And I had an appointment!
They were collecting $85 from everybody
 and his/her dog.


It just so happened that Susan flew to New York
very early the same morning I signed up.
Even though she qualified for the TSA pre-check line,
it was so long that she got in the shorter regular line!


So, you may call me "Debbie Downer," 
but my prediction is this:  the TSA will collect
tons of fees from all of us,
then fail to put enough personnel in the
pre-check lines to truly expedite our travel.


There are some other advantages,
like being able to keep on shoes and light jackets.
My age qualified me for that anyway.
And you can leave your computer in your bag.
I never carry my computer.
And you don't have to put your 3 ounce bottles
in a separate plastic bag.
That one is okay!


I'll be happy to eat my words if I find myself wrong.
This is one time I hope to be.





I'm smilin' at the airport cause I
had survived the security line!




No comments:

Post a Comment