Monday, October 10, 2016

What Was My Favorite Cruise?

That is not only very difficult for me to answer,
it is downright impossible.
But today I am reminiscing about one of my 
favorite-of-all-times-ever cruise moments!


Only people who really love cruising and the ship
itself love trans-Atlantic crossings.
That would be me.
So things fell into place for me to be able to be
on board when the Anthem of the Seas
moved from sailing out of London (Harwich)
to sailing out of the United States (New York).
That meant several days at (a very rough) sea
with no port stops, but that was fine with me!


All for this--just click on--


and this!

Passing Lady Liberty

I wish I could have do-overs on this experience,
but it was truly once in a lifetime.
This was all taking place at 5:00 A.M.
on November 4, 2015.
I had no idea that so many passengers would 
get up that early.
If I had, I would have been up at 4:30 so I
could snag a place by the rail, although
I love my picture of the flag waving on the
movie screen
and of the couple waving flags,
both obviously taken from my position in
the ship's crowded middle!


I will have more confidence next time in my
videotaping ability with my little iPhone.
I have searched YouTube today for videos
of this event, and mine are the best I found!


Be sure to see the helicopter circling over us
(first video).
There was also a ship or ships spraying 
streams of water for our arrival.
And the beautiful is for the Northstar
which rises 330' above the ship!
I got to ride it up, but the seas were too
rocky for it to swing out over them
as it is able to do!




I have gotten so excited today remembering
this experience that I have spent hours
figuring out how to share it!


"So, what have you been doing today, Linda?"
"Wrestling my computer into submission!"
(Or it wrestled me.)













No comments:

Post a Comment