Thursday, November 10, 2016

My Bargain of all Bargains Cruise!

I'm back from a short cruise on Royal Caribbean's
oldest, smallest ship--
Empress of the Seas.
Why would I choose to do that, you ask?
Well...there was a very good reason.
It was FREE!
And I will say, I sure got my money's worth!



Here we are parked, ironically, beside the world's
largest ship, Royal Caribbean's
Allure of the Seas.
(This picture was taken on the third day of the
cruise, in Cozumel.)
Kinda pitiful, isn't it?


But did I care?  NO!  The Allure would not be FREE!


So, off we go from Miami!
Waiting to board!

My luggage tag says, "Life's a ride.
You've gotta buy a ticket, hang on tight
and keep going aroud 'til they kick ya off."
Not theologically very sound,
but amusing at my advanced youthful age.


Here I am waiting for my room to be ready!




My room was very adequate (but itsy bitsy.)
As you can see, it had an ocean view.
(Well, it's a land view right now.)
Not many balconies on this grand old dame.



The next thing I photographed...
Yippee!  Room service wakeup call!
There was one of these hanging on my door
every night before I turned in!


And the next...
Yikes!  But it's FREE!


First Stop!



My "wildlife" shot--a prerequisite for every trip!
I heard one of the shopowners say "Hello, Mama"
as she walked by!
This mama and her babes must be quite a fixture at the
port--maybe its most photographed!




A stranger took this for me.
It doesn't look so small when not next to a giant!



So, I did some shopping in Key West and decided
to go deposit my purchases in my room,
have lunch, and return.



But...this is what it looked like out my window
when I was ready to venture out again.



So after a delightful Cuban sandwich room service lunch,
(with Dr. Pepper I bought in Key West)



this is what I did instead!
I'm reading John Grisham's latest.



The Empress had recently been refurbished,
so it was very beautiful
(and decked out for Halloween!)




This area on the back is lovely for relaxing.
(Taken in Cozumel, so that's the Allure 
in the background.)



Our next and only other stop.

where I got: drum roll, please...
Mexican vanilla!


Before I knew it--time to disembark!
It was a fast, fun five days.


I hate to end with a sad story, but...
I had a window seat on the flight home.
The plane was fab--a 777 200.  I took some pics:

It was just like being in business class.
Miles of leg room--elaborately reclining seats!
Then I put my phone in my purse which
was on the floor.


It had occurred to me, and I had overheard
some conversations,
that the President might be in
Florida campaigning before the election.
All of a sudden...I saw Air Force One out my window
as we taxied out for takeoff.
Oh, yes...I could clearly read United States of America
on the side!!!
But remember?  My phone was stowed away!
By the time I dug it out, put in the wrong code 
SEVERAL times, and focused,
this is all I got.

But that's it!
You'll just have to take my word for it...again!
No do overs.


Thanks, Royal Caribbean!
This cruisin' fanatic had a great time!
I'll always be willing to help you fill up your ships!






No comments:

Post a Comment