Friday, November 11, 2016

TSA Pre Check Report

As you dear readers may remember,
this, my bargain cruise, was my first trip
as a qualified TSA pre check enrollee.
As you may also remember, I was not my usual
exclamation point self about this benefit.


I flew before the crack of dawn from DFW to Miami.
The flight left on Saturday morning at 6:10 A.M.
When I got to the security area, my suspicions
began to play out.
The pre check line was not even open yet!
There were a few people waiting for it to open,
and I was directed to join them.
But I, Miss Smarty Pants, was too smart for that!
I said I was not going to wait and marched
myself into the fairly short regular line.
I hope it made me feel good, because it was
probably a mistake.
The pre check line opened almost immediately.
In this particular situation, it didn't make
much difference time wise.
But remember--it was the middle of the night!


I flew home from Miami at 11 something A.M.
They are in the pre check business 
big time there.
There is a serpentine line that looks like the
one for Space Mountain at Disney World.
However, there was no one in it!
I breezed right through.


So I'd have to say the outbound trip was a
Dud,
simply because the line wasn't open.
The inbound trip was a
Deal.
I continue to lean in the pessimistic direction, however,
cause what if all that line had been full of people
in Miami?
But...
I'm still not ready to turn in my membership!
In a generous spirit, I am giving them another chance.



No comments:

Post a Comment