Monday, April 17, 2017

An Uproarious Lunch With Rory


One of our lunches on our recent trip was at 
The Landing in Marblehead, Massachusetts.
I mentioned it in passing in my last blog,
but it was such a hoot that I want to tell you more.



I was on a mission--to have a lobster roll!
What better place...these were the stacks of traps
as seen from our table.



Even though it was a bit chilly, one must dine
al fresco in Marblehead!



So Britton and Rob went back to the car to
get their jackets.
We didn't really notice that our server, Rory,
asked us a lot of questions about them
while they were gone.
When they got back, he began calling them
by name and throwing out a fact or two about them.


Shirley (Nanny) ordered a Bloody Mary, and
Rory served it to her with about a 2' straw.
See, it extends over Madeline's head!



Maddie undertakes having a sip!



I (Mimi), on the other hand, ordered a root beer,
and when I attempted to suck the water out of
the accompanying glass of ice,
I found my straw to be woefully short.
It didn't even reach the bottom of the glass!


By this time, Rory was asking Madeline about 
New York and her show, and
he was calling me "Mrs. Stovall."
What we didn't realize was that he pumped the guys
 for information about us, too, when they came back in
with their jackets!


Here is my beautiful lobster roll:

The fries were out of this world--soaked and battered--
like nothing I had ever tasted!
And here was my ketchup:
Portioned by Rory, of course.


When we were all finished, Rory asked if anyone
was interested in dessert.
We all chorused that we were too full, etc. 
So he asked me if I would be interested in
knowing what I passed up.
I was kicking myself because I just knew he
would have given me some free key lime pie or 
free something else wonderful!
He then handed me the menu folder which was...
completely empty!




If you're ever in Marblehead, go to
The Landing and ask for Rory!
He did pose for the picture for free!





No comments:

Post a Comment