Friday, April 14, 2017

The Travelin' Grannies Locate Miss Nelson


Just to get you up to snuff, our Madeline Metzger
is with a touring company out of New York
performing the children's show,
They have been in New York, Virginia, 
New Jersey, Maryland, D.C., Pennsylvania, etc.
They play in beautiful venues to as many as
2,000 children.
(I thought it would be elementary school cafetoriums!)
(Oh me of little faith!)
Madeline is Miss Nelson and her alter ego,
Miss Viola Swamp.


When I saw that the troup was going to be near 
Boston, my traveling urges overcame me!
Shirley, the OPG (that's other proud grandmother) 
and I began making our plans.
We actually let Susan and Rob tag along
(and buy a lot of our meals!!!)



Now we had a special reason for choosing
 the Boston area to see the show.
Britton and Beth Wilson and Linda Evans are there!
Britton is my Edward Jones rep, 
Beth his beautiful wife, 
 and Linda his beautiful assistant.
He was also Rob's roommate at Baylor and is just a 
very dear friend to all of us.
  And, he is a terrific travel planner.
Linda and I are BFF's, mostly via Facebook 
 and phone, and she actually insisted on seeing
 Miss Nelson if the show came to the Boston area.
How's that for a true friend?

{{Remember: Click on the pics, oh ye of fading eyesight!}}

The performance was at Mechanic's Hall in 
Worcester, Massachusetts.
(Pronounced 'Wuster' we were told.)
Wow, were we amazed at the venue.
It was historic and huge and handsome!

 
The stage.


The fan club!  That's Linda in the center!


I know you'll be so surprised that we thought the
show was WONDERFUL!
An outstanding children's show for sure!
It is clever, witty, and very entertaining.
There were about 1200 children there who seemed
to enjoy it as much as we did!


Here is Madeline as Miss Nelson, the sweet,
and as Miss Swamp, the sour!
And with her Nanny and Mimi afterward!




So Britton had fabulous plans for our days in Boston.
Most involved dining!
We had brunch at Acquitane in the South End.
That's me, Britton, Beth, Susan, Rob, Shirley
This is my Croque Madame which was magnifique.


We saw the famous Acorn Street.



We visited the unique and fabulous
Isabella Stewart Gardner Museum.

This is the courtyard of the museum, which is housed
in what was Ms. Gardner's private mansion.
The hanging nasturtiums only bloom for a short
time each year, and we were there!


The museum was the sight of one of the largest
art heists in history.
The empty frame in this picture marks the
spot where one of the stolen paintings hung.
This is a must see in Boston!



We visited this beautiful spot:


then had dinner at The Wayside Inn.



We ate...again...at The Landing in Marblehead.
Britton and Linda had taken me here
on a previous trip,  and I
requested to return for a lobster roll!!!
 Shirley had one, too!
Sadly, we were minus Beth and Linda now.
Working is such an inconvenience!



We stayed at the Colonnade Hotel, which was
right across the street from the GIGANTIC
Prudential Center.
Going to the top of the Prudential building was
on my list of things to do.
Here we are way up on the Skywalk floor!
Good job, Rob!!!

We stayed for the sunset.
Here's Fenway Park from on high!
And the moon:
And the gorgeous sunset over the Charles River.




 I finally got to go inside Faneuil Hall!
It has always been closed to the public when I've
been here before.




We girls were pooped when we returned to the hotel!



And here we are back at the airport.
Happy Rockin' Grannies.



Bye, bye Boston. 
Thank you Britton, Beth, and Linda!


I'll be back cause I didn't get to take the
amphibious duck tour!
I have such high class taste!




No comments:

Post a Comment