Saturday, May 6, 2017

A Cautionary Tale


I had an experience yesterday.
It was unusual--and painful.
You do not want to have this experience.


This seems very random and, as I said, unusual,
but here goes.
My refrigerator has a red light that comes on when
the water filter is in need of changing.
It had been on for a few days weeks when I
finally got around to getting a new one.
It is "so easy to change--just snap out snap in."



Here's what the filter looks like:

and

 Here's what it looks like installed.



Well, I punched that button bottom right and
removed the old one.
Then I pushed the new one in and had a bit
of trouble getting it to click in place.
I just wasn't sure it was secure,
soooo...I pressed the button bottom right again, and...
That thing shot out of there like a bullet and 
hit me squarely in the nose!
Oh, for a hidden camera.
It must have been one of the funniest sights ever.
Of course, I WAS NOT LAUGHING.
I was pretty sure my nose was broken and
 I knew I would have two black eyes.
I thought the crazy filter must weigh 5 pounds,
(that's how it felt)
but it only weighs 1-1/2!
(I weighed it on my diet scale.)


I am so disappointed.
There are no visible signs of my great injury.
Therefore, I guess I cannot sue.
I will just warn you that changing this filter
is not for the faint of heart.
(Or faint of nose.)




No comments:

Post a Comment