Tuesday, December 26, 2017

Linda Stovall Come On Down!!!



I'd just love to tell you all about a very exciting event
in the the lives of the Stovall family!
We had gone to California for our 1978 vacation.
Susan was 18 and Jay 14.
We didn't have tickets for The Price Is Right, but when
we went to tour the studio where it was being filmed,
there was a line forming to see it.
Someone gave me two tickets, so we began asking
if anyone had two more extras.
Lo and behold, someone did!


We were there for hours.
At some point producers came down the line and
interviewed us.
I said I was a college sophomore, because I was
attending Texas Wesleyan at the time.


When we got seated in the studio, we were definitely 
hopeful that I was going to be
chosen, because the producers stood on the
stage and seemed to be scoping out the location
 of those selected.
And they were looking at us!!!


SO HERE WE GO...

CLICK HERE!


Little side note:
We were seated in the order we had been standing,
so we had gotten to be friends with those around us.
I thought I would never get out!


So here is my big moment!


CLICK AGAIN


I do not know whether or not I would be as nervous
now as I was then.
I felt like I was going to do something really ridiculous
with the whole world watching!
It's really hard to describe.
But as my face shows, I had no idea what number
to take out of Squeeze Play!


If I had been thinking totally rationally, I would
have removed the "0" leaving $1495.
That sounds so logical.
 But it still would have been wrong!


The dinette set was (is) actually pretty cool.
The sides fold down so that it is only 10 inches wide.
Susan and Rob used it, and we used it when we
first built our glass room.
It is still in my garage!
And...I did not know how often I say,
"That would be great," but to this day if I
say it in Jay's presence, I'm aware of his reaction!



Since I made it onto the stage I got to spin the 
Big Wheel.
Must warn you--this is a heart breaker!

CLICK TO SEE ME SPIN THE BIG WHEEL!


I had it until that last spin!
But we were perfectly happy with what I won!
(At the time...I got greedy later!)


CLICK TO SEE MY BEAUTIFUL FAMILY


And my girl was highlighted between segments:







We took a few pictures afterward at the 
Farmer's Market where we went to eat, but they
are slides and too hard for me to get to.
It was sure a fun event for all four of us!


I keep thinking of other things I want to tell you.
This was in the very early days of VCR's, so we
had to rush home and buy one so we could record
the show when it aired.
Even if I had won, it
might not have arrived soon enough.
(But I should have won that showcase spinoff!)

No comments:

Post a Comment