Tuesday, January 16, 2018

Want to See A Real Live Scam?


I captured one for you.
This appeared on my incoming email this week.

Top...


_________________________________________________________

Bottom...



This is the best I can show it to you--in two pieces.
I could not screen shot the whole thing, but
you need to see both halves.
**If you click on it when viewing,
it will be totally readable.


Now I'll have to admit that I might have fallen 
for this if my computer had let me.
This is why.
I knew I had not ordered this, and
just look how easy the sender made it for me.
All I had to do was click on

"If you did not authorize this purchase please visit
iTunesPaymentCancellation" 

And I did...click on it.
My computer let me know in no uncertain terms
that this could be a scam website.
If it hadn't, what was going to happen?
Well...in order to cancel my payment, I would
have had to give them my credit card number,
 exactly what they were after.


There are often tell tale signs in these scams, such as
 misspelled words or awkwardly worded phrases.
In this one I had noticed the sender name
after "iTunes Payment."
(sadasdasdas@cekera.com) Whaaaat?


I hope this will be of help!







No comments:

Post a Comment