Monday, January 22, 2018

I'm Set for the Main Event!

Today was my last day to hobble in pain.
Tomorrow I get a new knee!
We had a lovely flight to Chicago.
If you are wondering why Chicago, please read
all about it HERE.


Susan did a little tour of our room.
We are at the Hilton Magnificent Mile Suites Hotel.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WROWubQFKdw


It is in a great location--for Susan!
She walked around last night and checked out
the neighborhood, even finding a theatre!
She is out walking now, getting in her steps!


Our first appointment was at 8:00 A.M. today.
It was a class which is required before surgery.
We were there by 7:20! (Verging on paranoid!)
There was only one other person in our class, 
and her surgery wasn't until Thursday.
We were shown and were able to hold what
will be placed in our knees tomorrow.
Pretty amazing!


Then we were told about our medications.
The nurse asked me to empty out my bag.



So help me, it was even more overwhelming in person!
We were instructed about each one's purpose, 
dosage, etc.
Good luck, Susan!


After visiting with an internist, I got my final okay!
We ubered back to our hotel to lock up my meds!
Then we decided we should walk the short distance
to the John Hancock building to go up to their
observation deck on the 94th floor!
We were warned that the visibility had just dropped
to zero, but we were optimistic...it would clear!






See that view in the background?
In case you think you can see something, you can't.
But we were warned!



Just as we were giving up...





We got to see the water!


As we ate lunch at our hotel
(that's the Hancock building in the background)



we looked up to cloudy but blue skies!
And, yes, it's a barbecue restaurant.
Just what we Texans were looking for in Chicago!
But it is a terrific place.


Well it's almost Happy Hour at the Hilton.
Rob and Susan are Hilton Honors members, so
we take full advantage of the nightly Hors d'oeuvres.
(I didn't have to look up the spelling of that or anything.)


Susan is back from her walk, and look how close
we are to the water!





Next time maybe I'll get to walk down there too!


Thanks for being my therapists this afternoon.
I haven't had time to be scared cause I've been
wrestling with getting pictures on here and
getting the video to play and spelling horse do overs.



Don't know when I'll be back with my next report, 
but I'm so touched by your well wishes and prayers!
I am blessed so that I can bless others.
I hope I have a chance to bless each one of you,
cause I sure love you.







No comments:

Post a Comment