Tuesday, April 19, 2011

My Personal Trainer!

Recently Susan talked to me about joining LA Fitness.  She thought the recumbent bikes and elliptical machines would be good for me.  I agreed, so I joined.

After a few days I got a call suggesting that I come in for a personal fitness evaluation.  I'm sure you can imagine that I was not too excited about that, but I wanted to get my money's worth, so I went.

Here is a picture of my personal consultant.



Well, it IS his picture, but it was taken a few years ago when he was 50 years old.  He was Mr. U.S.A. in 1981.  He also has pictures with Arnold Schwarzenegger and Chuck Norris.  His name is Jay Hall, and I was so pleased when I was assigned a counselor nearer my age than the typical LA Fitness employee.  He asked me not to reveal his current age, but he is a "leetle" older than I.  And in a lot better shape!

So...Jay very graciously wanted to show me how to do crunches and lift weights and who knows what else!  I told him I would be doing good to use the elliptical and recumbent, but that I would let him know when I was ready to progress!  The evaluation certainly showed that progress is needed!

No comments:

Post a Comment