Saturday, April 9, 2011

A Year Ago Tonight...

I held the hand of my husband of 53 years as he breathed his last breath.  I did not expect this anniversary to have as much impact on me as it has.  I thought by now I'd be "all better." 

As with everything, in some ways it seems like he's been gone a long time, and in others, just a while.  As I drove home from Waxahachie tonight after Maddie's one-act play, I thought, "If Jack were still here we would drive to Lubbock to see her in the regional competition."  He was game for anything in which his grandgirls were participating.

My most prevalent thought this week has been how God blessed us with Silverado.  When Jack moved in there were three other residents.  Now there are 51.  The people who played such a tremendous part in helping Jack adjust are all gone.  Only Rachael, the administrator, is still there.  Who are we, that the creator of the universe, the giver of life, cared so much for us and timed matters so perfectly for us?  I could never, ever thank Him enough.



 Jack and Charleigh-Girl in his room
The view from Jack's window



                                           Jack with Raul, one of God's gifts


"Now to Him who by the power at work within us is able to do far more abundantly than all that we ask or imagine, to Him be glory... in Christ Jesus to all generations, for ever and ever.  Amen." Ephesians 3:20-21  That's what He did for us!  More than I even imagined.


1 comment:

  1. We are also the fortunate ones to be blessed with so many wonderful people wwo give so much to us ans become a part of who we are

    ReplyDelete