Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Please, Lord, I Was Already Sorry

If you see me tonight, you will notice I am limping.
Not as bad as I'll want to limp, however.
My left ankle is injured.
I kept thinking all morning about 
those football players
from Sunday's game and how they would
 not even notice this minor problem. 


Ouch, ouch.
No, not really.  It doesn't hurt sitting down!


I could not figure out what I had done to cause
this problem.
Did I sleep wrong on it?
Was it the marathon shoe-trying-on-spree
Susan put me through yesterday?
(She's determined to get me a new shoe
wardrobe--and rightly so!)


And then it came to me.


On the way home from the shoe thing 
I was hungry.
I heard a commercial on the radio for
Arby's Hawaiian roll roast been sandwich.
Yum.  Just what I needed wanted.
And right on my way!


So...I wheeled in to the drive through.
There was one car ahead of me.
"Good.  This won't take long."
I played a little Scrabble on my phone.
I pondered..."Is it taking him/her this long to make
up his/her mind?"
I rolled a little closer.  (Hint, hint!)
I lectured myself about patience and that this
was definitely a first world problem.


I would guess I actually waited 10 minutes.
The cars behind me in line were
beginning to honk.  (Well---one did.)


And the car just sat there.
I was completely trapped.  No escape.


I hope none of you were in that line,
because...
I had finally HAD IT.
I threw open my car door and 
stormed up the sidewalk into the building.
Yes, I really did.
I opened the door and said yelled,
"What is the deal with the drive-thru?"
They looked shocked but didn't answer,
so I said yelled it again!


The girl standing near the drive-thru 
window finally said, "Our system (speaker)
is completely down."
So I said, "Why didn't you send
someone out there to tell us?"
And stormed out.


By the time I got back to my car,
and reported to the lady behind me
in line, the car ahead of me had
finally moved.
I imagine seeing me go inside made him/her
rethink their decision to sit there
the rest of the night!


In answer to your next expected question.
No, I did not get my sandwich.
I drove out when I finally could, after at
least 20 minutes.
I was afraid they would do something
mean to my sandwich.


I'm sure I twisted my ankle in my haste
to set Arby's straight.
Please forgive me, Lord.
I am really sorry that I acted in such an
unladylike, unchristian, manner.
And I sincerely hope nobody who knows
me, except You, saw it.
And that my ankle is better tomorrow.


And I am sooo hungry for one of those
Hawaiian roast been sandwiches.

No comments:

Post a Comment