Monday, December 23, 2013

'Twas the Night Before Christmas Eve

And I am much more ready than usual!
The only true casualty of the season:
Christmas cards.
I had the picture all planned, but I didn't
make it happen.  Sigh...
I do love the cards I've received!


Not sending Christmas cards left me time to make
my Christmas cookies, however!
My kids began asking for them last year--
quite a surprise to me since they
 are nutty (the cookies not the kids!)
Chock full of nuts! 
But they are just about the best thing ever!
If I do say so myself, and I do.


 Now I feel obliged to tell you that this
picture is carefully staged.
I know.  You're surprised.
Would you like to see what the kitchen
looks like after this mammoth production?
Well, have a look.


And it's 5:00 P.M.!  I started at 10:15 A. M.!
But I've taken a few breaks!
 

I still have a couple of gifts to pick up.
That's bad.
One won't be ready until tomorrow.
Oh well, I think mixing it up with the masses
kinda sounds like fun.
We'll see what I say after!


My Christmas cactus is...well...not 
quite on schedule.
I think I should have talked to it earlier.
Here it is:

 
It still looks pretty much the same.
It has lots of buds (predominantly on one side--
I should have rotated it!)

There are a few blooms.  Here are two.


When I got it the blooms were smaller and more
intensely colored.
What will happen, and when?
Stay tuned!


My sweet family will be here on the 26th when
Jay and Terri get back in town.
I will get to be at the Metzger's home on
Christmas morning for Santa Claus's
20th visit.
And the traditional fabulous breakfast!


It's A Wonderful Life!!!

MERRY CHRISTMAS!!! 

 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment