Monday, December 9, 2013

Tweaked to Squeaky Perfection

Twas the 4th day of Icemageddon
and all through the house,
Everything was tweaked, including the mouse.
 The work is all done
It's Christmas-y everywhere,
But the weather is horrid,
and there's no way to share!

Oh, yes there is!  I just remembered!  
You can look from your warm, comfy chair!
 

The most important thing is...
the beautiful nativity Jack bought for me.

I have a new love for my camels, since I got
 to meet one up close and personal this year!

And here's my kitchen nativity:



Here's the tree


And the stairway

This foxy couple watches those entering!
(If any could!)
And these guys overlook the diners!
(The lady frog croaks "Jingle Bells!")


Does anyone else still have this fellow?
He is "Shivers," and he shakes with fear or cold.
The girls used to hold and comfort him.
"It's okay, Shivers!"
Here he is in his spot on the catwalk.


For a couple of years this etagere would not open.
This year it will.
 It was so much fun tweaking
it to the required perfection!
Many treasures are displayed here.
Gifts from Shirley Branham and Brenda Riddle.
Waterford flutes from our 50th celebration.
Some things old...some things new.


And here's the bird house mansion!



This beautiful angel was new last Christmas.
She is impossible to photograph, but
take my word for it...


From the sublime to the just plain fun...



The table is set and ready for guests!
The plate of the year purchased...
 Sure hope some guests are able to arrive!


Now here's something I hope I can update
in the near future!
This is a Christmas cactus I received 
last year as a gift,
 loaded with blooms.
Will it bloom again for Christmas?

Since I do not have even one green thumb,
I am doubting that it will.
However, there is a little hope.
That is an ultra close-up of a bud, and there
are a few more. 
Every morning I check for new blooms.
Did I give it too much light? Or not enough?
Did I over water it? Or let it get too dry?
What will happen?
It was really beautiful with flowers!
 Stay tuned!
After all...hope was born at Christmastime.


No comments:

Post a Comment