Monday, February 10, 2014

Are You Like Me?

Do you sometimes feel that God is sitting 
on His throne keeping a record of your actions
and thoughts each day--putting each in a 
"pass" or "fail" column and
giving you a grade at the end of the day?
I do, and I always feel I have flunked.


I have to constantly remind myself that
I am His Child!
He could not possibly love me any more
than He does!
He gave His only Son to die for my sins!


If I truly believe in Him through 
that Son, Jesus Christ,
thus have His Holy Spirit living in me,
my failures will never exceed His Grace--
His undeserved favor to me!


He does not want us to love and serve Him
out of fear that we will get a failing grade
on His Heavenly report card if we don't!
He wants us to love Him because we choose to!
Because it is our very great privilege
to be in love with our Creator,
the Creator of this vast, amazing universe!
And to shower Him with gratitude
 for His countless blessings!


  "It was not because of any good deeds
 that we ourselves had done,
but because of His own mercy that He  
saved us, through the
Holy Spirit, who gives us new birth
and new life by washing us."
Titus 3:5
Good News Translation 


Does turning loose and resting confidently in
His loving arms lessen my desire to live a
life pleasing to Him?
NO!
Not in any way!
It greatly increases that desire!
I just don't have to waste precious time
 in concern about my grade for the day! 





 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment