Saturday, September 20, 2014

My Kind of Fun!!!



Actually...at least a dozen exclamation points' worth!!!


It began with my popping into the nail shop
to get my toes pedi'd.
There was no one available at the time,
so I needed to return in 30 minutes.
Gene Allen's is right next door, so what
better place to spend spare time?


When I went in I saw these:


Hmmm.  This had the look of a bargain hunter's dream!
It was!
Everything I could fit in this sack from the sale section
would be $20!
Actually, according to the salesladies, there was
not a lot left, even though the sale had just
started that morning.
That did not deter me.
I'm always on the lookout for things for 
Mission Arlington
for their Christmas store, and, I'm tellin' you,
Miss Tillie will welcome anything with open arms!


Well, the first thing I saw were books!
There were 10 of these: (originally $9.95!)



and 2 of these (originally $24.95, and with the
security tabs on the batteries still in place!)



Next, the sweet saleslady showed me these:



Three perfect snow globes--not a chip!
(Tinker Bell $44.95, Captain Hook $79.95, 
and Dumbo $44.95!!!)


Pretty quickly I went to two sacks!


I got 4 great looking Maverick t-shirts
(a S, a M, and 2 L's) $24.95 each




Five pretty pastel scarves: ($12.99 each!)



*Does everyone know that children of the apartment
ministries of Mission Arlington get to come
select a gift at Christmas for their mothers?
So...doesn't have to be just toys!


I got 14 of these little animals soaps (or bubble baths--
I'm not exactly sure, but they're cute!)




ETC., ETC., ETC.!!!


Here's a picture of all my loot!




If you'll notice, the snow globes are sitting
on top of their original boxes!
A giant thanks to Becky at Gene Allen's
for going the extra mile(s) for me!


Of course, a dedicated bargain shopper like I am
would add up the total original costs
vs.
the sale cost.
I paid $43, including tax.

Get ready for this--
$724, NOT including tax!!!

Definitely the bargain of my long lifetime!


I'll never find another bargain quite like this,
but I do run across really good close-out 
type deals occasionally.
If you find something irresistible and have some
"discretionary funds," don't forget
Mission Arlington/Mission Metroplex!


I had the time of my life,
and I owe it all to you...Gene Allen's Hallmark!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment