Monday, September 22, 2014

Concrete Proof


I hope you read HERE, because this is a follow up.
All my life I've been a devout bargain hunter.
 I've always loved it, and evidently I 
talk about it quite a lot.
(Who, me???)

I have never forgotten a story I told at
one of the first Bible Study Fellowship 
fellowships I ever attended.
(Seems redundant, but these are our small groups
 meeting in a home after class.)
This would have been in the year 2000.
The Metzgers had just been to Galveston
on vacation.
I can't remember whether it was Madeline or Susannah, 
but one of them came home proudly 
showing me a bracelet and telling me she had
gotten it for "only $5" after bargaining with the seller!
(This would have been when they were
about 6 and 4 years old.)
She then told the salesperson that she couldn't wait
to show me, because
"My Mimi just loves a bargain."

I told the class that I hoped, instead, one day
 my grandgirls would say,
"My Mimi just LOVES Jesus."

I started to incorporate that story into my last blog.
I didn't, and I didn't know why.
Now I do.
It was not in God's timing. 



 This morning I found this comment
 on my Facebook page:

"Madeline Metzger I'm so glad that I have you to look up to Mimi!! You're so selfless! Truly the love of Christ, even to people who will never meet you. I love you!!"


Which reminded me of
 my angel Susannah's comment on THIS BLOG
("May I Tell You My Story?")
on September 3rd of this year.
 


"Susannah Metzger I love this Mimi!!!!  You're such an amazing woman of Christ and I'm blessed to have you to look up to. You inspire me!"



 Nothing in this life could mean any more to me.
"Thank you, God, for answering my prayer, and for
enabling me to remember my request and
recognize Your answer." 
 


No comments:

Post a Comment