Tuesday, September 9, 2014

My Trip to the Apple Store


I had three back-to-back appointments.
There is a bit of a doe-see-doe before you actually
get your turn at the genius bar.
You check in, you are moved to this table,
someone scouts out your problems,
you are moved to another table,
then you get assigned to a genius.
As I was waiting my turn, I checked out all
the genii.  (That's my plural of genius.)
There was one who was older than the rest,
had very long, curly salt and pepper hair
parted sharply down the center,
and a long, straggly beard.
(You were wondering if it was a male or female
genius, weren't you?)
 I thought, "That's probably who I'll get."


He was probably scanning the sea of people 
waiting, thinking, "I'll probably get the
old white-haired lady with all the frou-frou stuff."
Yes, here's what I was totin'.

 My shocking pink MacBook Pro, my pink clad
(w/Mickey Mouse!) iPad Mini
(a gift of Jay and Terri),
and my leopard covered iPhone.
Along with my looong list of semi intelligent questions.


His name was Chris.  Yep, we got each other.
I could tell right away he was going to be great.
He turned on my computer and immediately
reached up, touched something, and voila!
My computer came to life. 
It was a beautiful thing.
I could see it!!!!!


I hadn't even put my problem with seeing my
computer on my list.
I had rather grown used to it.
About a month ago, something seemed to happen.
  I could no longer see it as well as I had.
I blamed it on glare and closed all the shades.
I held it up real close to my eyes.
That was a sight to see!!!
I used my magnifying glass--more than usual!


No one had ever told me that you could control
the brightness of the screen.
(Well, if they did, I forgot.)
All Chris did was press "F2" and I had a
bright new computer!
I'm sure I had accidentally turned it down.
 I doubt that he's ever had a customer so excited
over such a small thing. 
(I actually feel it was kinda pitiful.)
I think it inspired him to try to get through
all my first world problems.


And get through them he did!
He answered every one.
I can now not only take a screen shot
but shoot just part of a page!
And drop it in my iPhotos!
I have an external hard drive for back up.
My phone no longer switches to the
French alphabet constantly!
Etc., etc., etc.


 The Apple Store is a happy place for me.
It is also a "happenin" place.
I sort of put on my swag just walkin' in there!
I really do!
And in spite of my very limited knowledge
and slowness in understanding,
I have never been treated disrespectfully at all.
They allow me to feel cool!


I HEART APPLE!
(and Chris)



 

No comments:

Post a Comment