Wednesday, November 11, 2015

Life's A Ride!

The live stage show onboard the 
Anthem of the Seas 
is We Will Rock You
with music by Queen.
It was very appropriate for this voyage!

  
Hope you're still with me out here in the
smack dab middle of the North Atlantic.
The poor captain is predicting calmer seas every
day, but that hasn't happened yet.
We are up to about day 5, and all of the unique
onboard activities have had to be cancelled.
The ship has bumper cars.
Cancelled.
The joke was that we had bumper people instead.



There is something called iFly, which
simulates people flying in air in a big tube.
 Cancelled.



Now those two things didn't affect me.
I was too chicken to do them anyway.

But...
this trip was all about rides to me.


You remember this

in London!


Well, this


was to be my ride on the Anthem.
Except that it goes up 330' over the ship,
and that wasn't safe on our rockin' and rollin' seas!
It is called the North Star.


So every day we hoped for calmer seas
and winds.
The wind was the real culprit.  
It could be no more than 30 m.p.h.
On Day 6, I got all ready and went up early
to get in line.
36 miles per hour.  Boo.
At that time I resigned myself to the fact that
I might not get to ride it. 


I took this photo of a couple who had been 

out on one of the open decks on Day 6.
I caption it:
"Typical Cruise Attire on the Anthem Transatlantic!"





Many of the shows had to be postponed, too.
Some involved suspended acrobatics.
Too dangerous.
Some of the glass elevators were taken out of service.
But I was still never seasick.
(Or stuck in an elevator!  Some people were!)
I just wanted to ride my ride! 


I did get to:

Have a massage and my hair done...
 The waiting area.
I liked my hair!


 Tour the galley...
Chopping English bacon.
I never made it to breakfast to have any! 




and the bridge...
 The two men are just chatting. 
No one is "driving" the ship!
The closest ship to us at about the 2:00 position.
A rear view from the bridge.
Pretty!



 This is a very new-agey, techno-marvel ship.
I loved this elevator art, which was inside the 
non-glass elevators.



They always made me smile as I tumbled
into the elevator!


A couple of beautiful shots.
A fabulous chandelier.
The giant silver tuba sculpture--with funky lighting.
My friend Linda took this. 
The most beautiful of the restaurants--Silk
 Surf and Turf from American Icon--
I had this twice!


And then it was Tuesday.  Our last day,
and my last chance for a ride on the North Star.
The weather forecast was very promising.
North Star opened at 9:00 A.M.
So I got up early and was all bundled up
and in line by 8:30.



The line was already very long, but I never hesitated.
If it had taken me all day I would have waited.
The weather was very tolerable.
I had lovely "queue" mates.
They even let me do this for a while.


 And about 2 hours later, it was our turn!






AMEN!!!


Now I can go home!
Wait til you hear about that part!  
And you won't even have to wake up before
the crack of dawn like I did to see it!  


No comments:

Post a Comment