Thursday, November 12, 2015

The Very Grande Finale!

I did not know when I boarded the Anthem of the Seas 
the full importance of our sailing.
It was a bigger deal than I realized that the
Anthem was changing its home port from
Southampton, England, to Port Liberty, New Jersey.


I knew we would be sailing past the
Statue of Liberty,
but I was not at all sure I would be up for that!
Until...
the captain announced that when we passed
 Lady Liberty at 4:00 A.M.
there would be a par-tee on the upper decks
with coffee, snacks, etc.
He asked that we leave our curtains open
and our room lights on when we came up 
so we would look festive as we were filmed sailing in.



Okay then.  How many times would I get 
this opportunity?
That would be One (1) I believe.
Count me in!!!



I had no idea how many would be on the decks.
There were hundreds by the time I got there at 4:00
the prime spots for picture taking were 
full up!



Even the North Star was lit up! 

 Snacks
Coffee
and People Galore!



Click here for my video!

You will hear a helicopter circling overhead,
and I think you can see its red light!


Then God Bless the U.S.A.
blasted over the speakers!
Goose bump time for me!!!


Since I couldn't get a clear shot of the statue
because of all the people on deck,
I returned to my cabin for pictures.
The captain rotated the ship so that both
sides would have a view!


Here she comes!



New York at 4:00 A.M.




The end of a perfect trip!!!
I came home exhausted,
exactly as one should from a great vacation!
I looked at the clock at 6:23 P.M. that night
and wondered if it was too early to go to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment