Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Seven Words I Hate To Hear


"ATTENDANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED TO
ASSIST YOU"





I know the "Girl" part is a stretch, and
I may not actually scream,
BUT I WOULD LIKE TO!


Now I have friends who refuse to check out
their own groceries.
Maybe they have the right idea.
I don't think I have ever completed a transaction
of more than 3 or 4 items without hearing
 those hated words.


And while I'm on the subject, aren't you supposed
to be able to put heavy stuff in your cart
after you check in out anyway?
There's some kind of "Skip Bagging" button.
Maybe I'm being old and dense, but
I'm never been successful at getting it to work.
No--not me.
I've got stuff stacked and teetering on top of stuff 
on every surface available, trying to avoid hearing
those 7 dreaded words.


So one might wonder why I keep finding myself
in those self-checkout lines.
Well, I'm just so busy, you know,
that I can't wait in those long checker lines.
(I always picture Jack rolling his eyes
when I say something like that!)


No.  It's impatience.  Pure and simple.
Oh, and determination, too.
I'm determined to beat that faceless voice!





No comments:

Post a Comment