Saturday, July 27, 2019

A Mosquito Report


I am having such an industrious day this Saturday,
which is quite unusual for me.
I have even put up the last of my suitcases from
my recent travels.
(Please don't try to calculate how long it's been since
my return.)


I must, however, put my industriousness on hold
and give you news about my mosquito problem.
I would probably do that for sure if the news
were bad, but tremulously I tell you it is good.
(No exclamation point, because it could be
temporary.)


I have not been bitten in over a week.
For almost a week I have not spotted any flying
around after having seen them in every room 
while I was packing for one of my trips.
When I returned home, there
were 13 mosquito carcasses inside this zapper.
Since then--0!


I still am not using my front door.
I sleep every night (uncomfortably) under a 
fan which has a "low" setting like a hurricane.
I now "suit up" to sit in my recliner.
I put on long pajama pants, my long robe,
and knee length socks.
And I sit there, a sight to behold, in front of
another fan which has a "high" setting
like that of a light ocean breeze.


I may be applying for a bank loan to pay
ABC Pest Control for their services.
Wild horses could not force me to tell you
how much I have paid them for this reprieve.
And now...what do I do?
They are "willing!" to keep coming monthly
until October!


No comments:

Post a Comment