Saturday, July 18, 2020

You, Too, Can Have A Disposal As Clean As Mine!





Brace yourselves. I have BIG NEWS.
I have discovered "How To" videos on You Tube,
and you may now call me
"Mimi, mistress of homemaking."


My garbage disposer--Disposal--has of late not
had the most pleasant of aromas.
In other words, it smelled!
I used several packages of these:

Plink citrus scented deodorizers...
with disappointing results.
I have found the easiest way to cure that problem.
*I think*


Here we go...

#1 Remove the rubber safety diffuser



#2 Close up the opening with a stopper


#3 Run about 1/4 sink of cool water.


#4 Empty all the ice in your icemaker into the sink.
I actually pulled my tray out and dumped the 
whole contents into the sink and water.
The more ice the better.


#5 Quickly turn on the disposal for a few seconds,
then reach in and remove the stopper, leaving
the disposal running.
It will whoosh up that water and ice and you will see
(I saw!) very dirty water bubbling out for quite
a period before it runs all clear!
You have to be pretty quick, because when the
ice hits the water it tends to stick together.
I broke it up with my hands cause I wasn't quick enough.


The reason I said *I think* the problem is solved is
that I just performed this cleaning so I don't
know how long it will last. 
But it is so easy that I can do it again, maybe
a little more often than once every 50 something years!


Oh--and be sure the rubber diffuser thing is nice 
and clean before you put it back in.
I used a brush on it.


You're welcome, you're welcome!
Anytime!
And thanks to someone on You Tube for the idea.









No comments:

Post a Comment