Thursday, July 16, 2020

I'm Getting Bitter About This!

In 2019 I contemplated running away from home
for the summer of 2020 to escape the Texas mosquitoes.
So here we are in 2020, and HaHaHa.
"Where could I run to?"
Or, more correctly, "To where might I run?"


To read the horrors of 2019...

CLICK HERE 
and
CLICK HERE


I enlisted ABC Pest Control's mosquito service to
begin very early this year.
I think they have been here April, May, and June.
Bank loan to pay them pending!


My wonderful roofer came out and did extensive
repair work on a flat portion of my roof in back
where I suspected they might have been getting in.
I think this helped tremendously, but...


As of today, I am again in a pretty pitiful state.
I have been bitten on both arms as I peacefully slept.


"It's too dangerous now.
Let's wait til she's asleep!"



I have been taking Benadryl to try to stop the itching.
I have slathered Benadryl cream on the bites.
I have bathed them repeatedly with alcohol.
I placed the ice pack I had for my knee on my arms!
I have even coated the whole area with clear fingernail
polish, which helped only on one single bite on my hand. 
And yet, I itch crazily during day and night.
You should see me. You would say, "Pitiful!"
I will say I think this is only the second time this
summer that I have eaten up.
"Only???"


I've always said when I get to heaven I will be too joyful
and overwhelmed to ask any questions.
But if I did, I think I would ask God, "Why did you allow 
mosquitoes, and why make some of us more desirable
than others to them?"
I have a friend who has never been bitten by
a mosquito in her life.
"Go to her house, you blasted mosquitoes!"









No comments:

Post a Comment