Thursday, July 25, 2013

Me and My Camel...

Strolling down the avenue Petra Siq...
(A siq is kinda like a street!)

Guess what?
I found some more pictures of me on my camel!

(Don't forget to click on the pic!)

I'm with Melanie Patterson in the second one.
 
When I planned my trip to Israel, I did not count on a ride
on a camel.  No Sirree.
A friend had told me about her horrible, terrible, hideous
experience in Egypt, with the "camel master" practically
kidnapping her and throwing her on the camel
while she kicked and screamed.
And then people had warned me that camels were
mean and they spit!
 
But then...I saw my camel.
 It was love at first sight.
 
 Does he look mean or like he's about to spit?
 Indeed not.
Let's face it.  Jordanian camels just must be better than
Egyptian camels.

After the guys got us aboard the camels 
(no easy task, I assure you,)
would you believe they just turned the camels loose.
They know exactly where to go.
 
This was such great, unexpected fun.
It wasn't really on my bucket list,
but it sure should have been!
Camel ride in fabulous Petra, Jordan.  Check!

2 comments:

  1. I am super impressed that you rode a camel (with such a great attitude!)! When I rode that elephant, I just survived the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, dear. I forgot about you on that elephant. Now I guess I have to put that on my bucket list!

    ReplyDelete