Monday, July 1, 2013

This is So Unlike Me

I have been back from the trip of my lifetime for almost a month!
Where in the world are my pictures, I'm sure you are asking.
I know...you can hardly carry on your daily life for worrying about 
my pictures!

Well, here's what happened.
In my wisdom (?) I decided that I was not going to be determined to take pictures of everything, since I knew there would be
thousands taken by the group.
While this was true, it didn't take into account a couple of things.
First, how do I get all those pictures that others take?
Second, (and this one is rather embarrassing), (I guess I might as well just come out and say it), others' pictures might not
include moi!  Yes, as unbelievable as it might seem, those 21 other photographers did not want me in all their pictures.
Bummer.

O.K.  That's just problem #1 with my pictures.
When I got up after our first night in Israel, I couldn't find my camera.  I knew it had to be in that hotel.  We hadn't been
 anywhere else, for Pete's sake.  I remembered taking it down to
dinner, knowing that I probably shouldn't.
And remembered that I failed to take a single picture with it!
But no one had seen my camera.  Boo hoo.

So for our first full trip day, I had no camera.  Boo hoo hoo. Everyone knew and was so kind to take lots of pictures of me.

When we got back to the hotel, I thought of the one place I had not looked for my camera--the pocket of the jacket I had worn
to dinner the night before.  And there it was.
I told the group I wished I could come up with some exotic, 
mysterious tale of how the camera was found.
But, not having a vivid enough imagination, I just fessed up.
When I finally get my pictures posted, I'll tell you which day
that was.  You're not going to believe how much happened.
But, again, my fellow photographers had me covered!

There was actually a third camera catastrophe.
I have said that I was never afraid in Israel.
Much thought, however, did have to be given to going to
The Dome on the Rock, the Muslim shrine.
Almost every inch of skin had to be covered.
We knew we would be metal detected, etc.
For some kooky reason, I decided to carry nothing with me, just to be safe.  That meant no camera.  
Thank goodness, I was the only kook!
This was a VID!  A Very Important Day!!!

Our group got together last Wednesday night and shared pics.
That was really the first time I had any pictures of me.
I am now working on sharing these with you.
(Not JUST the ones of me, of course!)
But it's taking me forever.

I owe a huge THANK YOU to Kelly and Sandy who made flash
drives of their wonderful pictures and gave them to me.
And to all my other new best friends who shared pictures!
You were a wonderful group with which to travel.

Oh, and on top of everything else, I'm taking a little break
for July 4th.  So...
Please work on keeping your level of interest in my pictures up.  O.K.?
They're going to be sooo good!!!
Honest.  I promise.


1 comment:

  1. My interest in your pictures is sky high, and I can't hardly wait to see them!!!

    ReplyDelete