Monday, December 8, 2014

Hope You Didn't Miss This!


It happened last night.
The Classic Christmas Celebration at
Fielder Church.
I loved getting to sing my heart out with my
wonderful choir and orchestra family.

Here is my favorite of all the beautiful pictures
folks took.


Photo cred goes to Robert E. Phillips
via my fellow choir member Loretta Miller.
 Thanks, Robert and Loretta!


The group down in front of the orchestra is the
chorale from Sam Houston High School
here in Arlington.
Our choir has "partnered" with this choir
 and invited them to join us in our Christmas program.
They sang two fabulous numbers on their own,
then joined us in the Hallelujah Chorus.


The generosity of my music family
 always touches my heart.
We were asked to bring snacks for the SH kids--
and for us!
(We had a break between our 
performances at 4 and 6.)
Unfortunately, I did not take a picture of the 
amazing spread provided!!
In selfish fashion, I only took a picture of
my contribution (because I thought them so cute!)



The Fielder choir and orchestra members
 also contributed to a fund to provide needed
items to the Sam Houston choir program.
The generosity of our group touched my heart--
and that of Rachel and Alex, their directors!
A check was presented to them between performances.
I'd call it "above and beyond."


What a blessed privilege to get to be part of 
this fabulous celebration.
I will admit I'm a little glad it's the Monday
after the concert.
Why, you ask?
Well, I can finally listen to a variety of my
beloved Christmas music.
Until December 7th, I can only listen to my 
"voice part CD."
That's how we learn all that music!
Listen over and over and over.....


I am a little jealous of those attending.
I would love to be able to sit out front and 
hear us!
If you missed this, you need to put it on your
2015 calendar now.


One of the songs Amy Grant sang
(!!when I saw her in person!!)
was
I need a silent night, a holy night;
To hear an angel's voice, through the
chaos and the noise.
I need a midnight clear, a little peace 
right hear.
To end this crazy day with a silent night.


I feel like our concert qualified as a 
silent, holy night.
I heard the voices of many angels and
found great peace.


I did come home exhausted.
And now...I'm back to the chaos!
I was dee-termined to get this blogged,
but it's taken me hours!!!
And I'm having guests for lunch tomorrow!
 
   





 




 
   







No comments:

Post a Comment