Monday, December 22, 2014

Six Parties/No Wrapped Gifts


I thought I would take a little break.
I am already wrapping gifts, and it's only
December 21st.
(That is supposed to be a joke.)
Here is a picture of the state of my tree for my
wonderful Christmas parties.
By the way, don't let those three boxes fool you.
They are empty.
Pitiful.


I fantasized about this being a beautiful evening.
My Christmas music playing.
Nothing else to do but wrap.
Maybe a fire in the fireplace and a cup of
hot chocolate.


Well forget the fire.  I am sweating perspiring
like it's the middle of July.
I'm drinking ice water,
and I've only wrapped 3 gifts.
But...look at these monsters.


 Oh, this is a bit revealing.  It's been a pj and robe
day, and that's my robe flung over a chair
in the background.


Just look at the size of those gifts.
What am I thinking when I buy such huge things?
And, of course, my perfectionism does not
help matters.
Here is my equipment:


Scissors, double stick and regular tape,
a pen, and a tape measure.
I'm pretty sure I may get some flack about the last.
I'm suspecting I just might be the only wrapper
so persnickety as to measure.


Well, except maybe
Rob Metzger, my son-in-love.
He might not use a tape measure, but he is as
particular!
His packages are perfection.
I've just been laughing to myself all evening
about what a nightmare it would be if
Rob and I ever showed up at the same time to
wrap gifts at the
Mission Arlington Christmas store.
The line would be out the door!
And we would be hearing,
"Would you two hurry it up?!"


Okay.  Gotta get back at it.
Those 3 don't even have any bows yet.
I think I'll hit the dollar store tomorrow
for some huge stick on's.
I've enjoyed about as much of this as I can stand.

Merry Christmas!



No comments:

Post a Comment