Monday, May 4, 2015

Cataract Surgery, Part II...


was a piece of strawberry cake!
Praise the Lord and pass the ammunition fork!


We arrived at 6:30 A.M., and we were home by 8:30!!!
I had a different nurse, but just as sweet and
just as good as last Monday.
My blood pressure was still high, but
no one expressed great concern.


(I had to explain to my nurse that there was
actually a good reason for my blood pressure to be high.
Charleigh-Girl Stovall escaped from the back yard
AGAIN
and Susan and I had to track her down
before we could leave. 
She bought it!)


I also had a different anesthesiologist.
And a quite different trip home.
I remember far less about the surgery 
than I did last week,
even though my nurse said I would probably
remember more.
I remember being wheeled into the laser room and
 obediently focusing on the ring of
lights over my right eye,
 and I remember being at home.
That's it.
Absolutely nothing between.
When I called Susan to relate, oh I'd say,
about my fourth story, she told me
(very nicely and kindly)
 that I had told her all these things on the trip home.
 So I guess this anesthesiologist was a
bit more zealous!


One of those stories I was telling was that 
"My cataracts were probably not all that bad yet,
since I don't see a drastic difference in colors
or brightness."
Of course, I might need to take into
consideration that I was "testing" myself with
my sunglasses on and my eye still
hugely dilated!


My left eye is abrasion free and seein' good!
I can't wait for the right to get "undilated."
I'm totally optimistic!
Only one mountain left to climb.
NO EYE MAKEUP FOR ANOTHER WEEK!!!

Nooooooooooo!
Friday night I go to Madeline's Ransom Notes concert
in Austin!
Sunday is Mother's Day!

This is one of those times when I think it 
would have been better to
"ask for forgiveness not permission!"





 

No comments:

Post a Comment