Tuesday, July 21, 2015

Dear Donald:

First let me say that
I am a big fan of The Apprentice,
even though watching it makes me very nervous.
I would be so bad at the tasks the contestants
have to execute.
And I would refuse to call you "Mr. Trump"
because,
even though you are richer,
I am older!


Now I've been known to timidly say several times
(kinda quietly)
that I would might vote for you for President.
 Actually, there is only one reason for that.
You know how to handle money!
I think you could come closer than anyone else
to balancing our ridiculous, bloated, over extended
U. S. Budget!


I had no idea you would actually consider
throwing your hat into the ring.
Now that you've done that,
I have some serious concerns.

 
This is going to be an uphill battle for you,
Donald.
All anyone wants to talk about is your hair. 
And your ability to fire people. 
You don't appear to be doing anything to alleviate
this situation.
 Criticizing McCain right off the bat in the way
you did?
Not a good move.
Hardly the best way to kick off your campaign.
You may need to hire a "handler." 
Or a whole squad of advisers.


Now I haven't been able to force myself to read
all the other probably stupid uproars you
have created. 
Let's get serious.
You need to settle down a bit--no, a lot!
You need to accentuate the positive.
Assure us that we will not all end up as indentured
servants to the rest of the world!
Tell us you can fix Social Security!

 
Didn't your mother ever tell you,
"Think before you speak?"
You may not have had to do that in business,
since you hold the purse strings.
But, if you are going to hold the purse strings
of our nation, you may have to develop
a bit of humility.
(I'm afraid you may have to look that
word up in a dictionary.)


That's all for now.
I'll be watching hopefully for some positive news 
from you.
Show 'em you really can
Make America Great Again.



  Signed: Linda L. Stovall
A {Skeptical} Potential Supporter 


P.S. (I always have to have a P.S.)
I am very confident, Donald, that we citizens
would not have to DEMAND that
you lower the flag to half staff at the
White House if five of our beloved military
personnel were assassinated on your watch.

                    L.L.S.







 


No comments:

Post a Comment