Thursday, July 30, 2015

Something at Which I'm Good!


As promised in my last blog.


 Here's a hint:




YES!
I am a great gift wrapper!
This, my latest, is for
Miss Emily Marie Oliver and Mr. John Deaso!


Of course, I gift wrap just like I do everything else.
Meticulously, painstakingly, and taking foreverly!
If I leave a package sitting on my counter,
I tweak the bow every time I walk by--
approximately 762 times.
Yes, it has been tweaked to death by the time
it is presented and opened.


Here are some samples of my Christmas packages:
(They may look a little boring because all 
absolutely must fit the color scheme,
but of course!)








Now this next masterpiece is a birthday gift--
something very special for one of the girls.
But darned if I can remember what it was!
Its bow is actually orange ribbon on beautiful 
stained glass design paper.
I got a deal on orange ribbon!




Speaking of ribbon, that has become a problem.
I am beholdin' to Susan for my knowledge of
how to make my bows.
Many years ago there was a small shop at
North Hills Mall
which sold ribbon and matching bows which they made.
Sus boldly asked them how to make the bows,
while I cowered in fear that they would say,
"Well, why would we reveal that to you?!"
But they didn't and they did--and very nicely.
The ribbon they used was flimsy and inexpensive,
(cheep, cheep)
but widely available at the time.
All of a sudden I realized it had disappeared
from the market.
So, what does one do in that case?
One Googles "cheap paper-like ribbon!"
I ordered several colors--but not orange!


I realize that most folks have switched to lovely
bags and tissue for their gifts, 
but I still like hearing, "Oh, that's a Mimi bow."
Or, "We know who this one's from!"

 
It's something I enjoy, until
Chrismas Eve when I still have unwrapped presents!
At that point, you might find me going
for the sack of stick-on bows!




















No comments:

Post a Comment