Saturday, July 11, 2015

My Dog Has Fleas


No, I'm not using this little ditty to
tune my ukelele.
Disaster has befallen.
Horror of horrors.
The princess has fleas.
 
I couldn't believe it when I got the call from
her beloved groomer.
Surely there is some mistake. 
Say it isn't so!
It made me feel like a failure as a dog mommy.
She has no friends or buddies 
from whom to acquire fleas.
She is so dainty and delicate and girly.


The groomer got rid of all the nasty little boogers.
I have medicine to give her if they reappear.
I called my exterminator ready to spray the
yard and bomb the house.
He was so kind as to recommend I wait awhile,
and not go to those extremes yet.


Here she is hiding in my closet on July 4th.
I thought she was just afraid of the fireworks,
but poor thing. 
She may have been ashamed of her fleas!


I LOVE YOU UNCONDITIONALLY,
CHARLEIGH-GIRL.
 You little fleabag!


 

No comments:

Post a Comment