Thursday, July 16, 2015

"You Don't Listen"-- "You Mumble"

If you are a married person--past or present--
and
you do not identify immediately 
with the title of this post,
then
I don't know if we can still be friends.
Having experienced so many of these
conversations myself,
I just don't know if I can "click" with someone
who never has!


SHE:  "Did you hear what I just said to you?"
HE:  "Whaaat?"
SHE:  "DIDN'T YOU HEAR ME?"
HE: "No.  I didn't know you were talking to me."


HE:  "Blah blah blah blah blah blah blah."
SHE:  "I can't hear you!
Could you please at least be in the same
area of the house as I am when you talk to me?"
HE:  "Could you please just listen!"


SHE:  "Why is it that you go suddenly deaf when
we get in the car?"
HE:  "I do not go deaf.  You mumble.
Besides, there's road noise."


SHE:  "Could you possibly not start to talk 
to me as you are leaving the room and facing in
the opposite direction???"
HE:  "Yes, because I don't do that."     


 Please tell me it wasn't just us.
 

       


No comments:

Post a Comment