Monday, December 12, 2016

Dilemma: Done Deal

In case you haven't involved yourself in my dilemma,
you may Click Here to do so!


I arrived at Pope with all four Connect 4's in my car.
I took one in.
My little guy was very proud as we unwrapped
our new game, and he insisted I write
"Kids Hope" on the box!
So...we played once, and he was on to another game!


When I left after our hour, I forgot about the
extra cargo in my back seat!
I couldn't decide where I needed to go--until I
got close to Target. 
Oh, yeah. I needed to bite that bullet.


Feeling pessimistic, I looked at my arrival time.
11:02 A.M.
When I got inside, I took this picture of the line:


But I was chill--even though it was long and there was
 only one single solitary person working returns!


Since I was trying to take pics, my load was awkward.
I put it down on a shelf,


until a kind store employee brought me a basket!



My turn actually came very quickly.
I explained that I had received these three extra games by mistake, and that I would like to pay for them.
Nothing to it!
He thanked me for my honesty, scanned the boxes,
and I paid!
I was back in my car at 11:15.


So that probably makes two inventories that are off,
but my conscience is not!
Kids Hope has four new Connect 4's.
And all's right with the world!


******************


I hope you know that the last thing in the world I am
trying to do is pat myself on the back over
this incident.
The mere fact that I rationalized reasons not to
do the perfectly right thing, shows my vulnerability.









No comments:

Post a Comment