Sunday, December 11, 2016

My Ethical/Moral Dilemma

Every Monday I get to go to Pope Elementary and
for one hour be a friend/mentor to a 
fabulous fourth grade boy!
Last week he was excited to see that I had a game
from our game shelf for us to play--Connect 4.
But...an essential piece of the game was missing.
My little guy was able to make it work,
but I was afraid others might not be able to.


I decided to buy us a new game.
Did I want to go to Toys 'R Us or Target at
this time of year?
That would be a gigantic NO.
I wanted to get on my trusty computer and order!
Target had a great deal with free shipping.
So I ordered one.


This is what was delivered to me.


Not one but four Connect 4 games!


I was only charged for one, so let the rationalizing begin:

1. "It is not fair that I have to go stand in line at
Target to return 3 of these things I did not order.
Especially when I carefully made my plans so I
would not have to go there.
In the cold. When I'm oh so busy."


2. "My receipt does not even show 
how much I paid. My local Target is going to be
thrown completely for a loop if I try to return these!
And it will totally throw their inventory off!"

3. "I might get the warehouse person in trouble who
made this mistake if I return the extras."

4. "Our KidsHope program has other schools, so I
could just give each of them one of the games
as a benevolent gift from Target!"

5. "Can you even imagine the confusion on the poor
person's face at 'Returns and Exchanges'
when I say 'I wish to pay for these extra games
which were sent to me by mistake?'"
"Whaaat?
How do I ring that up?"

6. "I'm sure Target would be more than happy
 to support
Mission Arlington, so I'll just take the extras there."



Aye yai yai!
See what I mean about a dilemma?
Woe is me.
I think I should be able to sell myself on any 
one of the above plans of action.
Why can't I seem to do that?


Well, gotta get to bed.
Have to be at Pope at 9:30.
Then I guess I'll stop at Target on the way home.
Maybe I'll just walk in and leave them 
on the counter.
Now that's an idea!


-------------------------------------------


P. S. Our organization, KidsHope USA,
will have a training session again in January.
If you have one hour a week to give,
I guarantee you will receive blessings many
times over in return!











No comments:

Post a Comment