Wednesday, December 21, 2016

My Christmas Cactus

It's missing from my photos, you may have noticed.
But...it isn't Christmas yet.
Here it is, and it is trying.


There is one bud, right in the center of this picture,
that I expect to be bloomed out
every morning.
But...it may be waiting for Christmas Day!


I inherited this ginormous cactus,
and I feel unworthy to be its caretaker.
(Obviously, I am--unworthy.)
At least I have rotated it this year so that
all the buds are not on one side!
I tried giving it some food.
It is too big to put in a dark closet.


I think according to Sandy Smith and Linda Tucker
I didn't ignore it enough.
Theirs are already blooming and thriving 
on neglect, they have told me.
And I don't know how Paula Howell treated hers--
pampering or neglect--
but she claims hers is blooming profusely!


What do you think?
Will she bloom by Christmas Day?
Before?
By Easter?


I'll let you know in glorious color
(I hope)!

No comments:

Post a Comment