Monday, January 6, 2014

A Common Misconception

It is this:
"If I'm good enough, I will go to heaven
when I die."  

So, my question in reply:
"How good is good enough?"

Likely response:
"Well, good enough that the good I do
outweighs the bad."

"And who decides whether or not the good
outweighs the bad?"

Answer:
"God?"

Then by reading the Bible you will find
that your theory is incorrect.
Nowhere does it say being a good (or good
enough) person assures one of
a forever home in heaven.

What does it say?

Jesus said, "I am the way, the truth, and
the life.
No one comes to the Father (God) 
except by Me."
John 14:6
 

"Believe on the Lord Jesus Christ and you
shall be saved..."
Acts 16:31


We cannot be good enough to be saved.
Only through believing in Jesus,
who died in our place,
can we be assured of spending eternity
in heaven.


So...what does it mean to believe?
To believe is not just intellectual agreement
that Jesus was real and good.
Satan himself "believes"in this way.
It is not just reading and studying the
Holy Bible.
Satan knows the Bible much better than I do.
My explanation of belief is:
leaning one's whole weight upon.

Another attempt to explain belief:
If I'm standing on the side of a pool
and my father is in the water
saying he will catch me,
it isn't enough just to say "I know
you will."
Believing is actually jumping. 


So, if I asked you today where you are
going when you die, what
would your answer be?
If it is "I hope I will be in heaven,"
you need to make that a
certainty.  
Please call me or email me if I
may share more with you.
My email is: mimiljls@aol.com
And make haste to the nearest
Bible believing church to
band together with fellow believers.

Do not neglect to meet together...
but encourage one another...
Hebrews 10:25 

 Yesterday morning we sang my favorite
hymn in church.
It is Well With My Soul
Only by leaning my whole weight
upon Jesus am I able to sing
this with total conviction. 
Whatever my lot thou hast taught me to say,
It is well, it is well with my soul.  


 

  

4 comments:

  1. Best post ever. Ever. Ever. Love you Linda!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Shay. You are an encourager, and I love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There's no other way...good is not good enough. Love this, and you!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love you more, Mary $!!!!!

    ReplyDelete