Thursday, January 30, 2014

With One Honk Of My Horn...

I blew my coolness factor.
It wasn't just a little beep.
No, it was more like a hysterical, leaning on the thing,
"life saving"
H-OOO-NNN-KKK!!!
Picture me blushing as I write about it...
I got to drive to Austin Monday to pick up
Madeline and bring her home to see
Susannah in a one act play that night.
I had put in a standing offer to do this
any time I was needed!
Yea!
I get to have Madeline to myself for 3 hours!
I navigated the campus just fine and even
found a visitor's spot in which to park
 at her apartment.  (A real coup!)
She came right down, and off we went.
Within three blocks I had blown it.
We were on a one way street in the left lane
when I saw a car headed the wrong way
straight for us.
So...I did what I always do in such
circumstances, and sat down on my horn.
The only thing was...this car was not traveling
like a speeding bullet.
It was actually proceeding very slowly.
Well, that's not the only thing.
On that campus of approximately 99,999 students,
the driver of the errant car happened to be
SOMEONE MADELINE KNEW!
Nooooooooooooo!
She had just left a class with this girl!!!
I was dying!  
Sweet Maddie just made a "turn around"
gesture to the girl, which she did.
 Then she told me that "we don't usually honk
at each other," while indicating that
there were plenty of mistakes made, thus
opportunities to do so.
You may not want to ride with me, cause
I will probably never honk my horn again
the rest of my life.
No matter how dire the circumstances.
I think this will be added to the stories of
the ways God keeps me humble.
So, I guess I am not the coolest Mimi on
the University of Texas campus.
Frowny face.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment