Sunday, January 5, 2014

I'm Still Celebrating

The lights still come on every night.
The tree is still glowing fabulously.
And no, I am not tired of it!

You see, cousin Sarah is coming Tuesday!
I want her to see it all.

Let's see how many parties I had this year.
The first group was my Bible Study Fellowship
Class on December 11th. 
We had only 9, but that was actually
pretty good considering it was our
last meeting for 2013.

The second followed closely on the heels
of the first.
It was my Sunday School class.
Our group was again small but fun
and enthusiastic! 

Then on Wednesday the 18th, I had
perhaps my most special group--
Susannah and 7 of her friends.
They came on their lunch hour again 
and breezed in and out in a
deadline induced
whirlwind.
(Yes, one of those friends is Madeline, home from
the University of Texas!)
What a precious group they are!

Friday the 20th's activity might not qualify
as a party, but it was for me.
My beloved former sister-in-law, 
Jeannie Stovall, and I had
lunch together here so she could 
see the decorations I had talked about!

Then on the 21st my friend Becky Leffler
came over.  Instead of our usual
Saturday lunch "out," she brought
great leftovers from her party the night
before, and we had lunch "in."
Yes...partee!

The Stovall/Metzger Christmas party
took place on December 26th.
We had wonderful sandwiches made
from turkey Jay had smoked and
cornbread dressing I had made...with 
cranberry sauce on delicious
Kaiser rolls. 
If you haven't tried this, you should!
Then we had a very good time
opening gifts!
The only picture I took (boo hoo)
with Jay and Terri in their Harley
Santa hats!



This was the first year in several that
I didn't celebrate the New Year with
my travel club.
So...I revived my tradition of
hosting my "friends of longest standing"
for New Year's Eve.
We're gettin' a little mature for
this kind of thing, but 3 couples came--
plus me (and you-know-who,
the phantom pie crust thief!)
We wished for more but had a really
cozy, great time.
And we got smart and 
celebrated when the ball dropped in New York
with our Martinelli's sparkling cider in our
beautiful plastic champagne flutes!



So now, me and my fruit cookies,
(I know...my fruit cookies and I)
are waiting for Sarah to get here.
I hope our week together goes slowly,
cause I'm still not anxious to
pack away all the festivity!


No comments:

Post a Comment