Thursday, August 14, 2014

A First Class Launch

Actually, factually, it was a 
Business Class launch to my fab trip!
I used all my AAdvantage miles from here to eternity
and borrowed some from my kids
so that I could make a 10 hour plus flight without
freaking out.
(If you remember, I use the excuse that I might be
claustrophobic in coach!)


I met my SW Bank group at the airport, since
they depart from Camp Bowie.
I got a sandwich and took it to our gate.
Hmmm.  I was the only one of our group there.
Then I got a call from our fearless leader, Kay Baker.
They were in the Admiral's Club!
I didn't even know my ticket entitled me to
wait there!!!
So...I hid my sandwich and my big Orange Crush
and stepped up in the world!!!

  
What's really unbelievable, however--
I didn't take any pictures!!!
So unlike me.
I did get the big ol' 777.

 


Neither did I get a very good photo
 of our hotel in London, the Grange St. Paul's.

 
If I could join these two photos together, 
the result would still be...
pretty pathetic!


But I did get a good shot of the flowers which
greeted us upon entering!
REAL flowers!



Here are Kay, (center) Linda, and I all settled in for
fish and chips!

 
Only problem--not served here!
So we moved on, picked up Sharon and Tom, 


 and

Yum yum.  Authentic fish and chips in London!


I hope all the members of our group had been
to London before, because
our visit there was strictly the pre-show activity.
This is the only landmark we saw, and it was
within two blocks of our hotel.


This is St. Paul's Cathedral
(hence the name of our hotel--Grange St. Paul's)
I had to be reminded that this is where
Charles and Diana were married!
We got to go inside and hear a choir singing.
It was beautiful,
but no pictures allowed!


Actually, we did see this bridge, too:



My problem: I don't know which one it is!
I'm sure it's impressive, though! 



Something Cute and Londonish!





Something pretty



And a hint as to where we're heading!




Night night.  Sleep tight.
Tomorrow's a big day!!! 

No comments:

Post a Comment