Monday, August 25, 2014

Sorry I've Left You Adrift at Sea!

 
Blogging about this trip is taking longer than
the cruise itself did!
All aboard for the last two ports!

The Infinity entered the Geiranger Fjord early in
the morning.
Fjord is actually a Norwegian word for
"A long, narrow, deep inlet of the sea between steep
slopes, created by glacial erosion."
(And there are some beautiful waterfalls coming
down those slopes!)

It takes several hours of scenic sailing to
reach the end, which is a natural amphitheater.

Entering the fjord...



The Seven Sisters Waterfall



And the Celebrity Infinity in Geiranger Fjord.


Kay and I are on tour in Geiranger.


We thought our guide, Toby, was very cute!
He called it the "Linda tour" on the
bus because there were 4 Linda's on board!




We started back out of the fjord at dinner that night.
Next stop:  Bergen, Norway.
Jack and I had been to Bergen before, so I opted
to do my own thing.
I rode this nice free shuttle from the ship to town.
I was feeling independent and smug!



Isn't this gazebo beautiful?



And I walked to this church.
 

Then...
It started raining!  And I hadn't brought 
either of my two umbrellas.
Hiding under a canopy--not quite sure where I was--
  I became a little less smug.
And this I found this welcome sight:


I shuttled back to the ship, shed my jacket,
got my umbrella, and came back
to Bergen.

Saw...the fish market...


(Don't laugh--I walked blocks determined to find this!)

saw this cute tour trolley...




said "Hi" to Edvard Grieg...



(Did anyone else learn "In the hall the mountain king,
mountain king, mountain king by
Grieg a Nor-we-gian" as a kid?
Well, you should have.  I'm holding onto the
knowledge in case I'm ever on 
"Who Wants to be a Millionaire" or "Jeopardy")

had my picture taken by this pretty lake...



and headed back "home."


Look who was visiting the balcony next door!



And look what I could see from my balcony:



The church I walked to earlier in town!


Then...another wonderful day at sea,
on which I made my stage debut... 


And, before you know it, we're back on land again. 
The twelve of us had a double deck bus
all to ourselves!
I rode "upstairs" on the very front--
a unique experience!



Bye, bye Harwich.



Bye, bye English countryside!
I'm comin' home!



What a perfect trip it's been!
Pleasant--problem free!
Nothing could mar it now.
Oh, wait.  I'm on American Airlines.
That opens a whole world of
unpleasant possibilities!


Stay tuned for...
"Are your panties in a wad?"


**************




No comments:

Post a Comment