Tuesday, August 12, 2014

Coming Back Down to Earth


My life has not been "normal" since July 22nd.
Lots and lots of extra exclamation points!!!!!!!
To tell the truth, I'm having a difficult time returning
to my "normal," as wonderful as it is.

 
I can't announce to all the possible burglars out there
when I am going on a trip!
Even as much as I would like to tell you!!!
For over a hundred days I had been counting down
on my calendar to a wonderful cruise.
I flew with my SW Bank Travel Club to London;
we spent a night, then
 we caught the Celebrity Infinity, cruising to
the Faroe Islands, Iceland, the Shetland Islands,
and the Geiranger Fjord and Bergen in Norway.



For eleven glorious days, beginning July 24th, 
 I was treated like a queen!
I was awakened every morning with a tap
on my door and the words "Room Service!"
Well...more about that later!!!


 I returned late on Monday night, August 4th.
My plan to have no jet lag didn't work out.
I did battle with it all week because...


On Saturday morning, August 9th, I was off to
Austin to see my grandgirls in
Austin Summer Stock!


Talk about an "out-of-this-world" experience.
When Shirley and I would leave the theatre
after one of their performances,
we felt like making a sweeping gesture and shouting,
 "Clear the way for
{Rusty's} or {Roxie's} grandmothers, please!!"
Really, we did!
(Feel like it!)

So this morning...
I had to make my own coffee.
I need to make my own bed.
There is not only no buffet to graze from,
there is absolutely no food in my house.
"Chicago" and "Footloose" are beautiful memories.
I'm not grandmother of the stars.
I'm "mother" of the same rotten dog.


I hope you know I'm "just keeding!"
I could not be more thankful to be safely, happily
home from both adventures!
Stay tuned for pictures of my 
beautiful memories!!!!!



 

1 comment:

  1. Dear GRANDMOTHER TO THE STARS (note, it's even in caps, you're so important and famous)...loved this. Glad to know what you've been doing - and NOT doing. Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete