Monday, August 18, 2014

My Favorite Port

On this trip it was the Celebrity Infinity
with this identifying mark!
The Big X!

  


I loved the flags!





Those of you who have cruised know a ship is like
a big floating small city.
 Everything one needs is luxuriously provided!
There's food without end, outstanding entertainment, 
a spa, a gym, shopping, classes of all sorts, and
pampering from every direction,
all with fabulous views.



My sea days don't start real early.
I love to sleep in the comfy cocoon of the bedding 
to the gentle rocking of the ship. 
(There was actually little rocking on this ship.
It was as smooth as being on land most days.)



After my room service breakfast,
 I would often get ready and leave the room
just long enough for Andre to clean.
Then I loved taking my tray up to the 
Oceanview Cafe on Deck 10, getting food and
bringing it back to my balcony for lunch.





One day I got five (5) desserts!
 Cookies, ice cream, chocolate bread pudding,
creme brulee (which doesn't look very appealing)
 and a pastry which I dropped!

My favorite?  The ice cream!



On the first sea day, I found something that
looked interesting on the daily schedule.


I have never seen a choir class on a cruise before.

I decided to check it out.
The 5 lead singers on the ship led a large group of 
us through fun voice warmups and then began
 teaching us Seasons of Love.
("525,600 minutes, how do you measure a year.")
I knew this song!  The Show Choir sang it at Martin!
So I have heard it approximately
525,600 times.
We rehearsed every sea day and actually got to
sing on the big stage the last day of the cruise.


I carefully positioned myself on the front row for
my stage debut.  I just forgot one thing.
Those 5 lead singers were going to rise on a 
platform in front of us and sing the solo parts!
One of them was directly and perfectly standing
between me and my camera, operated by Kay!
So...I have a great video in which you cannot
see me at all!
Here is the best screen shot I can get--
I'm second from the right.
The one with the white hair and long black dress,
behind the guy singer!

 I'm still working on getting the video online
so you can hear how good we were!
I know you will be waiting with bated breath!


I also went to these classes:


Interestingly, I had already learned many of the
things the expert taught from my expert,
Susannah Metzger!
I felt so cool!



 I could feel my Susan's hand on my
arm and hear her, "Be careful, Mom!" every time
I passed this spot.





And look who was on Celebrity TV!!
I know them!!
 




Our group at dinner:





  The beautiful sunsets came very late...




Two other great ports to come.
One is on my list of the 7 wonders of my world!








No comments:

Post a Comment