Monday, April 1, 2013

I Think You'll Love This!

There are two things I would like to tell you about Proverbs--a book just about in the center of the Bible.  First is this story.  Occasionally on a cruise the cruise director will determine which couple in a large audience has been married the longest.  On one of our cruises, the winners were asked to what they attributed their lengthy union.  I was the man who responded.  He said the secret was to read the Bible and Proverbs every day.  This was many years ago, with much water under the bridge since, but I have never forgotten it.

Then last week my Susan told me she had a scripture for me that I was going to love!  It had been shared in her Bible Study Fellowship class by Sandy Clark, one of her new BSF BFFs.  And guess what?  It's from Proverbs.  See if you can figure out why I LOVE  this verse.  Proverbs 12:10a (Living Bible translation) "A good man is concerned for the welfare of his animals."  (Smooch, smooch, kiss, kiss, love my Charleigh-Girl.  And the aoudads with their sweet faces even though their horns scratched my car, and the poor bird that flew into my window, and...)

As I was looking up this Proverb, I saw many more that are so goodTherefore, for the month of April I am going to present,
A Proverb A Day Helps Keep The Devil At Bay on my Facebook page.  Thanks, Sandy and the little old man on the cruise ship!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

O.K.--I'm on Day 3, and I wish to make an update or two.  First, I think all verses will be from The Living Bible unless I state otherwise.  Second, there will be different types of Proverbs.  I hope some (like today's about the crabby woman!) will make you laugh a little and maybe say, "I never knew that was in the Bible!" Then some (like yesterday's about God refining the heart) will be thought-provoking and uplifting.   Just be blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment